We are in the business of reviewing the latest and greatest nootropic stacks on the market, so when we heard about BrainStack we were more than happy to give it a try. According to other reviews, this stack was one of the best on the shelves, but we wanted to find out for ourselves. After close consideration and careful deliberation, we’ve finally come to our conclusion.
Brain boosting supplements are well-known these days, with a myriad of options available to everyone from the avid user to the newbie skeptic. With most of the choices being backed by a plethora of scientific studies and exhaustive research, it’s often hard to determine which stack will give you the most brain bang for your buck. The secret is often found hidden inside the unique combination of ingredients in each stack.
As for BrainStack, it definitely heats up the competition. Containing numerous well-documented nootropics in a scientifically-proven, pre-formulated blend, this stack impressed our team on several levels. Mood boosting stacks aside, this option is clearly designed to optimize cognitive function on a fundamental level. We put this stack to the test and compared it to the others we’ve tried so far. Here is what we found out.
What Is BrainStack?
At first glance, it would appear as though BrainStack is just another magic mental potion in pill form, but after closer inspection it is so much more. Despite its rather demure label, it’s still made by a trusted brand (Maven Labs). This powerful punch in the head is designed to help the user reach his or her highest mental potential, even if only for a few hours. As one of the major proponents of today’s pre-formulated stacks being hailed as “limitless drugs,” BrainStack gives a super swift cognitive boost and is especially useful for memory enhancement.
In fact, given our extensive knowledge about the various nootropics that have been discovered thus far, we noticed that BrainStack had a proprietary blend of ingredients that couldn’t help but enhance the brain’s ability to function. We found it particularly interesting that the formula was geared towards memory improvement – an extremely important factor in one’s ability to learn new information and/or retain it. Apparently, the makers of BrainStack know exactly what they’re doing.
What Does BrainStack Do for Cognitive Function?
As mentioned, BrainStack’s label is chalk full of worthwhile ingredients, giving it the markings of a high-quality product. Although there were a few fillers present, it felt like we were truly getting our money’s worth. Paying for the ingredients is fine by us, but we never enjoy forking over cash for fluff. For our team, this was a very good indication that we had a well-made and proven effective product on our hands.
This obviously high-end stack had the following ingredients in the following respective quantities:
- Lion’s Mane – 300mg
- Bacopa Monnieri – 200mg
- Magnesium Glycinate – 200mg
- Vitamin B6 – 15mg
- Alpha GPC – 175mg
- Huperzine A – 150mcg
- Vitamin B12 – 100mcg
- Caffeine Anhydrous – 60mg
- GABA – 200mg
- Pterostilbene – 50mg
- L-Theanine – 120mg
- Mucuna Pruriens – 200mg
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine – 300mg
If you know anything about the ingredients listed above, then you know that they are all extremely powerful nootropics that work wonders on the way the brain functions. If you don’t know about the specific ingredients listed, allow us to explain a little of what’s going on inside each capsule of BrainStack:
- The potent Vitamin B6 (15mg) gets to work by boosting nearly every other ingredient in the stack. Additionally, it provides a swift surge of energy to the entire body, not just the brain. Together, those effects enhance the performance of the brain, increase productivity, provide mood stabilization via improved stress management, and support optimized cognitive function overall.
- Meanwhile, the high-end Alpha GPC (175mg) teams up with the swanky Huperzine A to brazenly increase the amounts of neurotransmissions taking place in the active parts of the brain. Surprisingly, this dynamic duo also activates inactive parts of the noggin as well, providing a quick increase in brain function that is both punctual and permanent. The combo prevents memory loss when taken for extended periods, and after a while it can boost information retention too.
- Pterostilbene (50mg) is a well-documented security guard for the brain, and it doesn’t clock out until long after the effects of the supplement wear off. Recent research has shown that it can help prevent certain types of cerebral cancer, and its mood-boosting abilities are worth noting as well. By supporting the production of dopamine and by protecting dopamine receptors in the brain, this incredible ingredient is a vital part of the efficacy of BrainStack and is the only nootropic in this stack that does anything for the user’s mood.
- To top it all off, the Bacopa Monnieri (200mg) continually repairs damaged neurons and promotes the growth of new cells. These two effects are vital to memory improvement and information recall, not to mention highly important to the prevention of certain cognitive impairments. In fact, Bacopa decreases the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease and is currently used by specialists to treat those and other age-related cognitive disorders.
Keep in mind that while the above list of effects is very impressive, it is only the tip of the iceberg. We don’t want to sound like cheerleaders here, but any attempt to describe the full depth of the mental and memory boosting capabilities of BrainStack is futile. However, we’re gluttons for punishment so we will try.
Our Experience with This Stack
Those ingredients we just thoroughly described are only a portion of what’s inside each pill. In fact, we noticed along the way that BrainStack’s label looked eerily familiar to Alpha Brain by Onnit Labs. However, our experience with the two were vastly different. For starters, BrainStack’s ingredient lineup is of higher quality. Moreover, it contains higher quantities of certain nootropics.
For example, the increased density of Huperzine A makes BrainStack a serious neurovasodilator, thereby making it optimally effective in an undeniable way – something Alpha Brain just can’t do. While Onnit Labs has done a commendable job at creating a notable product, BrainStack blows it out of the water, no questions asked. As for the main brain boosting areas that we look for the most, here is what we surmised:
- MEMORY ENHANCEMENT
Since BrainStack is advertised as being made mostly for memory enhancement, we checked that out first. Before taking our first capsule, we noted how we felt about our ability to remember specific facts, feeling naively confident the entire time. Our team stuck with a twice-a-day regimen for 10 days, and we took notes along the way. What we discovered was impressive. Not only had our memories been lacking, but our inability to remember certain details had hindered our performance at work.
As professional product reviewers, a sharp memory is par for the course. As if by divine providence, Brain Stack somehow does its own advertising by expertly enhancing the memories of those who hold its fate in their hands. Fortunately, most of what we remember about our experience with this stack is positive. Our cognitive enhancements came on quickly, lastly quite a while, and produced no adverse side effects. On the other hand, that’s something hard to forget.
- CONCENTRATION AND FOCUS
Next up is the concentration and focus factor of Maven Lab’s star player. Surprisingly, the combination of Alpha GPC, caffeine anhydrous, and mucuna pruriens provide a more than significant boost to the brain’s alertness level. This instant increase in concentration is long-lasting, boosting the user’s ability to focus as well. With an enhanced clarity of mind, it’s easy to understand how BrainStack could improve the user’s memory for the long-haul.
Moreover, the density of those ingredients makes this stack a heavy-hitter. And with the addition of L-Theanine, the energy-boosting effects of the caffeine are kept smooth and comfortable. Apparently, the makers of this stack thought things through during production. This expert combo gave us a cool, sharp focus and increased our attention span (even during boring activities).
- MOOD BOOSTING AND/OR STABILIZATION
While we mentioned that BrainStack is not designed to do much for the user’s mood, we did notice a slight increase in our positive vibes when taking it. We’re not sure if that was because of how satisfied we felt during the day or because of the dense amounts of Pterostilbene in the stack. Obviously, we weren’t expecting much in this regard, so when we felt happier because of taking BrainStack, we were pleasantly surprised.
Unfortunately, we can’t say too much in terms of mood stabilization, since our good vibes only lasted as long as the capsule did. We’d like to give you an exact side effect duration to expect, but we can’t. For most of us, BrainStack’s memory-boosting, concentration-supporting, mood-elevating effects lasted for about 8-12 hours, and the capsules started taking effect within a half hour of taking them. That’s pretty much half the day, so swallowing two doses per day is totally doable and will keep your cognitive high beams on around the clock.
Who Is BrainStack Made For?
Although the ingredients in BrainStack have been thoroughly tested by teams upon teams of respected scientists, we never suggest taking nootropics unless you have been given the okay by your family doctor. Because these brain boosting supplements are the real deal, playing Russian Roulette is not an option. Our experience was extremely positive, but we urge you all to remember that each of us have different body chemistry, thus our bodies will all react differently to the ingredients – high-quality or not.
We suggest following the usage and dosage instructions listed on the label for best results. We are not doctors, nor do we play one on T.V. We are simply average Joes looking for the same thing you are: the best nootropics for the least amount of money. The struggle is real, but don’t let that convince you to make an unwise decision. In our opinion, BrainStack is ideal for college students and professionals who use their brains more than their bodies. On the other hand, with clearance from a doctor, this stack could be idyllic for anybody.
The Pros and Cons
As realists, we know that nothing on the modern market is without flaw. Unfortunately for us, it’s our job to uncover the fault in the stars. While there is an overwhelming number of positive side effects, BrainStack still falls short in a few areas. Let’s see how it measures up:
- There is a lot of ingredient synergy in BrainStack. What we mean by that is this: most of the ingredients in the stack work in tandem to create optimal mental stamina and decrease cognitive fatigue.
- This pre-formulated stack is all-natural, not synthetic like some of the less expensive nootropics, making it both highly effective and safer than most other stacks.
- BrainStack is designed to integrate seamlessly with the brand’s patented “Beginner Nootropic” and/or “Photographic Memory” stacks, rendering significantly remarkable results without much more of an investment in time or money.
- Not only does this stack provide a swift boost to memory, information recall, and focus, it also slightly enhances the user’s mood (most likely due to the increase confidence derived from succeeding at multiple tasks).
- BrainStack is also good at giving the user a quick spurt of energy that lasts for a long time and never causes jitters or nervousness. The natural derivation of the energy source (namely, vitamin B12) makes it compatible with the body’s chemistry in such a way that its use is streamlined effectively, down to the last drop.
- This stack contains a relatively large amount of caffeine (caffeine anhydrous – 60mg), which may or may not be suitable for some users.
- Brain Stack is somewhat costly compared to similar products, but it seems to be dense in high-quality products that make it worthy of its price tag.
- It is designed mostly for memory enhancement and doesn’t do much for the user’s mood.
- The ingredients list is very similar to Alpha Brain by Onnit Labs, albeit of higher quality and greater quantity.
How This Stack Stacks Up
At the end of the day, Maven Lab’s BrainStack is much better in quality and quantity than Onnit Lab’s Alpha Brain, hands down. It also gets our vote as a better product compared to several other competitive stacks. A single dose of BrainStack is effective at increasing productivity to say the least, as its scientifically proven blend is top notch. We would recommend this stack above most of the others we’ve reviewed, and you can remember that.